To create an assignment, you must select content for students to read/watch/listen to, so at least one item must be added to your Library tab. To add items, click: Course home > Library > Add content. You can add a book from the Perusall catalog, or upload your own material(s).
Once there is content in your library, click: Course home > Assignments > +Add assignment. Choose content to assign from the dropdown menu. Click Add another part to use multiple library items in one assignment.
Navigate to the Options tab to set a due date. In this tab, you have the options to:
1) name the assignment,
2) provide instructions for students that will be viewable in a gray box in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen as students work on the assignment.
Edit Assignment View:
Inside Assignment View:
3) set when students can begin accessing the assignment
4) only assign to specific students
5) make the assignment anonymous
6) make the assignment optional
7) disable student reminders.
If you name the assignment, ensure the name is unique. (Perusall assumes that assignments with the same name are being assigned to different students and will merge those assignments into a single column in your Gradebook, which will lead to unexpected results if that is not your intention.)
Navigate to the Scoring tab to either use course scoring settings (default) or specify custom scoring settings for the assignment. Finally, click Save changes.
To edit an assignment, click: Course home > Assignments > particular assignment > Edit.
To delete an assignment, click: Course home > Assignments > particular assignment > Delete > OK.