Adding Perusall to your Course
To set up your course, enter edit mode for your course, and select Add an activity or resource. Select External tool in the resulting dialog box. On the configuration page that results, enter "Perusall" (or anything else) for the activity name and select Perusall from the Preconfigured tool dropdown. Click Save and display to launch Perusall and create your Moodle-linked Perusall course.
Each time you launch Perusall from Moodle, a roster sync is run in the background. Any students that have added to your LMS course will be added to your Perusall course roster (under the Students tab), and any that have unenrolled will be removed from the course.
If you would like to automatically sync the average of all Perusall assignments to a single gradebook column in Moodle, launch into Perusall, select Settings > scoring > Grade sync to LMS > Automatically sync students' average scores to LMS, and then click Save changes.
If you would like to sync individual assignment scores to multiple columns in the Moodle gradebook, launch into Perusall, select Settings > scoring > Grade sync to LMS > Automatically sync students' scores to LMS, and then click Save changes.
(For more info, see Grade sync in LTI 1.3.)
Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation
In either case, there is no need to create individual links to each Perusall assignment; however, if you would like to do so, you can create "deep links" into the corresponding Perusall assignment.
To do this:
- Create your assignments in Perusall first.
- Navigate to Settings > Scoring > Grade Sync to LMS > LMS gradebook column management, set to Instructor creates deep links in LMS; no Perusall gradebook columns will appear in LMS until deep links have been created > Click Save Changes.
- In your Moodle course, enter edit mode, and add an activity or resource.
- Select External tool in the resulting dialog box.
- On the configuration page that results, skip the assignment name, and select Perusall from the Preconfigured tool dropdown.
- Click the Select content button. A window will pop up that will allow you to select a Perusall assignment to link.
- Under Grade, ensure that the Maximum point is = your assignment score range.
- Click Save and display.