Adding Perusall to your Course
- To set up your Perusall course, go to a content area of your D2L course, select Existing Activities, then click External Learning Tools, and select Perusall from the links provided Perusall will now be in the module area.
- Next, click the drop down arrow next to the Perusall link, select Edit properties in place, and check off the box next to Open as an external resource.
- Launch Perusall and create your D2L-Perusall integrated course. Perusall will automatically sync your Perusall course roster with the D2L roster.
If you would like to automatically sync the average of all Perusall assignments to a single gradebook column in Brightspace, launch into Perusall, select Settings > scoring > Grade sync to LMS > Automatically sync students' average scores to LMS, and then click Save changes.
If you would like to sync individual assignment scores to multiple columns in the Brightspace gradebook, launch into Perusall, select Settings > scoring > Grade sync to LMS > Automatically sync students' scores to LMS, and then click Save changes.
Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation
In either case, there is no need to create individual links to each Perusall assignment; however, if you would like to do so, you can create "deep links" into the corresponding Perusall assignment. To do this,
- You must first create the assignment in Perusall
- Navigate to Settings > Scoring > Grade Sync to LMS > LMS gradebook column management, set to Instructor creates deep links in LMS; no Perusall gradebook columns will appear in LMS until deep links have been created > Click Save Changes.
- Go to Existing Activities and scroll down to Perusall Deep link (created by your IT admin).
- A window will pop up that will allow you to select a Perusall assignment to link.