You can add any of the following types of files to your course's library to be used for assignments. To see these within your Perusall course, navigate to Course home > Library > Add content.
- Books from our catalog of 1,000,000+ titles
- For non-free books, students simply purchase the book through Perusall and then you can assign parts of the book at any time. Students can also purchase access codes for books in Perusall through your bookstore.
- EPUB book files
- PDF files
- Images in JPG, GIF, or PNG format
- Word documents
- PowerPoint presentations
- Upload this content directly from your device, or import from your Dropbox or Google Drive account.
- Google Docs documents
- Google Slides presentations
- Comments and highlights made on materials inside of Google Drive will not carry over to Perusall.
- Source code files (in most popular languages)
- Perusall will apply syntax highlighting to the file so students can easily discuss the code with each other.
- Web pages
- Note: When a web page is added to Perusall, Perusall will capture a "snapshot" of the web page to ensure that the underlying content does not change after you have assigned it. (Ensure that the webpage does not have pop-ups or require a login.)
- Note: Videos cannot be uploaded to Perusall. Perusall will play videos that are hosted in YouTube or Vimeo, or in your personal Google Drive or Dropbox account.
- Note: Audio cannot be uploaded to Perusall. Perusall will play audio that is hosted extenrallrsa You can search for podcast episodes directly within Perusall, or you can paste in the direct URL to an MP3 audio file.
- Note: Links do not open directly within Perusall; however, they are a convenient way for instructors to incorporate non-Perusall content into their Library. The link will take students to a new window and are helpful with regard to supplementary material.
You can select multiple items in your course library using the multi-select tool (the white boxes to the left of each document title), and:
- Assign the selected items together in one assignment
- Move select to folder
- Delete selected