June 1, 2021
- Instructors can now extend a student's deadlines for all assignments all at once, when a student joins the course late or otherwise needs to be given permission to catch up. Navigate to the Students tab and select Extend deadlines for a particular student.
May 26, 2021
- The "All comments" dialog now shows the group number associated with each comment.
May 25, 2021
- A new "What's new" link in the navigation bar will take you to this page, and will be flagged with a red dot whenever new features are available that you haven't read about yet.
May 19, 2021
- Instructors can now use @everyone in a comment to notifying everyone in the course that the thread is visible to (i.e., all instructors, as well as students in the same group as the originator of the thread).
- You can now use @conversation to notify everyone who has participated in a thread (by posting or upvoting).
- Assignment averages now appear in the bottom row of the Gradebook.
- Instructors can now set a new option in Settings > Advanced to incorporate score on in-progress into students' average scores in the Gradebook.
May 17, 2021
- You can now start a one-on-one chat with another student or instructor who is currently online by clicking their avatar (photo or initials) in the upper left corner of a document.
April 27, 2021
- Instructors can now search for podcasts to add to a course from the Podcast Index directory, by title or description.
April 22, 2021
- Instructors can now create multimodal assignments that will open and will be scored as a single assignment, even including content of different types (e.g., a book chapter and a video).
- Instructors can now create student upload folders where students can upload content to directly.
- Instructors can now add descriptions to folders that will appear for students.
- Old assignments can now be hidden on the course home page, so that upcoming assignments are more visible.
April 1, 2021
- The filter dropdown at the top of a document or video now has an additional option to show only comments where you were @mentioned.
- Instructors can now optionally hide grade calculation details through a new setting in Settings > Advanced.
March 25, 2021
- While watching a video or listening to a podcast, Perusall will now suggest unseen conversations to you by showing you the first comment in the thread as you pass the corresponding place in the video/audio timeline.
- Numbers can now be used in hashtags.
March 17, 2021
- You can now highlight a word in any document and click the information icon in the toolbar to look it up in the dictionary.
- Instructors can now download a list of which students have been assigned to each group for a document.
- Instructors can now set relative quality point values to all be the same to ignore annotation quality for scoring purposes.
March 1, 2021
- Instructors can now disable "nudges" in their courses through a new setting in Settings > Advanced.
February 9, 2021
- Perusall now prevents files with the same name from being uploaded to the same course, to avoid inadvertent duplicates of documents in a course.
- Instructors can now download all comments across the entire course.
- Instructors can now duplicate an assignment using a new Duplicate button on the assignment details panel.
February 4, 2021
- The filter dropdown at the top of a document or video now has an additional option to show only comments posted by other course members.
January 8, 2021
- Instructors can now drag and drop assignments within a deadline group to rearrange them, so that assignments can appear in any order.
- Manual groups can now be imported from a spreadsheet, to save time when defining manual groups for large courses.
- Instructors can now "fine-tune" automatically-assigned groups by dragging and dropping students between groups in the Library > Groups dialog.
- Assignment reminders and scoring parameters can now be specified on a per-assignment basis.
- Typing in a URL to a comment box now automatically makes it a link.
- Instructors that wish to completely disable Perusall's scoring and remove the Gradebook can do so through a new "never" option under Settings > General > Release scores.