Student Upload Folders allow students to upload their own content to a course. From there, an instructor can create assignments like any other document in the library.
Adding a student upload folder to a course
1. To add a Student Folder to the library, click the green Add content button and select Student upload folder.
2. Create a name and description for the folder and click Save.
3. Students can upload materials by clicking the folder and then selecting Upload to this folder.
- Students can add materials in the form of PDFs. Students' names will be added to the file names as they upload files.
- Instructors can also move materials from the Library into the student folder by clicking the folder, selecting the "+" button, and then clicking and dragging a document from outside of the folder into the folder using the three gray lines on the left side of the document.
4. At any time, an instructor can hide the folder from students by going to the folder, clicking Edit, and selecting Hide this folder from students.
Creating assignments from the student folder
Once students have uploaded materials into the student folder, you can create an assignment, multipart assignment, or a differentiated assignment just like any other assignment:
If you like, you can create multipart assignments that include both student folder materials and materials outside of the specific folder. Course grouping settings apply to the student folder materials just like any other document in the library. For example, if the course is set to use automatic groups, use the Groups button in the Library to view the groups set for each document uploaded by students:
As with material outside of the student folder, multipart assignments with different parts corresponding to different documents will result in students being in different groups corresponding to the groups selected for each document.