Adding Perusall to your Course
- To set up your Perusall course, in your Blackboard course click Tools in the left navigation bar and select Perusall. From your Perusall course, you can select/upload content and create assignments. *If you don't see Perusall in Tools, it's possible that your IT admin has removed access there. You can Launch Perusall by going to Build Content > Perusall, and you'll be prompted to build your course, there.
- Optionally, you can create "deep links" to specific Perusall assignments. (See Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation below)
To do this, navigate to a content area, select Build Content > Perusall Deep Link, and then you will be presented with a list of your Perusall assignments. Click on one of them to add it to that content area of your Blackboard course.
Perusall will automatically create gradebook columns for syncing grades. There is no need to create individual assignment links in Blackboard in order for grades to sync automatically.
Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation
In either case, there is no need to create individual links to each Perusall assignment; however, if you would like to do so, you can create "deep links" into the corresponding Perusall assignment. To do this,
- You must first create the assignment in Perusall
- Navigate to Settings > Scoring > Grade Sync to LMS > LMS gradebook column management, set to Instructor creates deep links in LMS; no Perusall gradebook columns will appear in LMS until deep links have been created > Click Save Changes.
- Go to Build Content > Perusall Deep Link(created by your IT admin).
- A window will pop up that will allow you to select a Perusall assignment to link.