Adding Perusall to your Course
- To set up your Perusall course, in your Blackboard course click Tools in the left navigation bar and select Perusall. From your Perusall course, you can select/upload content and create assignments. *If you don't see Perusall in Tools, it's possible that your IT admin has removed access there. You can Launch Perusall by going to Build Content > Perusall, and you'll be prompted to build your course, there.
- Optionally, you can create "deep links" to specific Perusall assignments. (See Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation below)
To do this, navigate to a content area, select Build Content > Perusall Deep Link, and then you will be presented with a list of your Perusall assignments. Click on one of them to add it to that content area of your Blackboard course.
Each time you launch Perusall from Blackboard, a roster sync is run in the background. Any students that have added to your LMS course will be added to your Perusall course roster (under the Students tab), and any that have unenrolled will be removed from the course.
If enabled by your Blackboard Admin, to access Blackboard group sync, navigate to your Perusall course Settings > Grouping, select Specify groups, and then click Import Groups from Blackboard to trigger a pop-up window allowing you access to your Blackboard group sets. Select one group set to apply to your Perusall course.
Perusall will automatically create gradebook columns for syncing grades. There is no need to create individual assignment links in Blackboard in order for grades to sync automatically. (For more info, see Grade sync in LTI 1.3.)
Assignment-Specific (Deep links) Creation
In either case, there is no need to create individual links to each Perusall assignment; however, if you would like to do so, you can create "deep links" into the corresponding Perusall assignment. To do this,
- You must first create the assignment in Perusall
- Navigate to Settings > Scoring > Grade Sync to LMS > LMS gradebook column management, set to Instructor creates deep links in LMS; no Perusall gradebook columns will appear in LMS until deep links have been created > Click Save Changes.
- Go to Build Content > Perusall Deep Link(created by your IT admin).
- A window will pop up that will allow you to select a Perusall assignment to link.